Diversity Dialogue: Picture a Scientist
Celebrate the UN International Day of Women and Girls in Science on February 11, 2021 with us!
We are hosting a virtual screening of Picture a Scientist followed by a panel discussion to talk about how to make science more inclusive and equitable. Participate by attending a virtual screening and joining us online afterwards for the panel event.
Drop-in Virtual Screening:
Virtual Screening room access has expired
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021 (MT)
Time: 12 – 1 p.m.
Registration required to access virtual screening room and panel event.
- Dr. Jennifer Adams, Associate Professor, SSHRC CRC II in Creativity in Stem, Department of Chemistry and Werklund School of Eduction
- Dr. Mark Bauer, Associate Professor, Associate Head Teaching and Learning, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Dr. Rachel Lauer, Assistant Professor, Department of Geoscience
- Sweta Rajan, co-founder, Immigrant and International Women in Science Network
- Dr. Jane Willenbring, Associate Professor of Geological Sciences, Stanford University
- Dr. Steven Vamosi, Associate Dean, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science is pleased to partner with the Immigrant and International Women in Science Network, and Government of Alberta Women in Leadership to bring this event to the community. Virtual screening support provided by the Heising-Simons Foundation.