Building Access to Social Justice (A2SJ): An interdisciplinary conversation about problems and solutions
Saturday, May 28
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
NEW LOCATION: Bennett Jones Lecture Theatre, Murray Fraser Hall 2370, University of Calgary (campus map)
Join the faculties of Law and Social Work at the University of Calgary as we bring together scholars, community members and government representatives to explore issues around social justice in Calgary. This symposium will engage participants to consider approaches to serving individuals for whom a need for legal and other services is complicated by such factors as poverty, homelessness, addictions, mental health challenges and/or refugee status.
- 8:30 a.m. - Welcome
- 8:45 a.m. - Morning keynote addresses
- 10:15 a.m. - Coffee break
- 10:30 a.m. - The Economics of Justice and Injustice
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. - Afternoon keynote address
- 12:50 p.m. - Interdisciplinary models and approaches
- 1:45 p.m. - Break-out sessions
- 3:30 p.m. - Group discussion
- 4:30 p.m. - Closing remarks
Questions? Contact Lyndsay Campbell at email@example.com.